As a Florida evening thunder storm rolled in, I put dinner together with the vegetables I had around and fresh angel hair pasta for a summery dish. I was happy with how the dish turned out and cannot wait to share it with you when you are home.
I had it with a glass of cucumber lemon water although I think sparkling water could have given it a bit more pep!
Although I did not open any wine tonight to have with dinner, I picture enjoying this with either an oaked chardonnay or vouvray or gruner veltliner. The thought makes my eyes roll back (in the same way a good foot massage does).
I think a nice lemon shaved iced or sorbet would be the perfect after dinner treat. Or a foot massage.
1) Heat olive oil in pan and add minced garlic and diced onion.
2) Once the onions have begun to brown, add diced red peppers, green peppers, tomato, cucumbers and half of a lemon slice in small rounds.
3) Pour vegetable broth in the pan - enough to cover the base but without the vegetables being submerged.
4) Sprinkle a generous amount of paprika over the vegetables with an extra squeeze of lemon juice.
5) Lower to heat and add fresh angel hair pasta to the pan.
6) Toss the vegetables and pasta until the pasta is cooked to your liking.